Why boy bands rock

While pondering the topic for my first blog post and the meaning of life, I kept trying to focus on ideas for prompts or gen...















While pondering the topic for my first blog post and the meaning of life, I kept trying to focus on ideas for prompts or general nonsense I could talk about, but kept getting distracted by boy bands. Why you ask?

Should I start with the obvious reasons? Not to fangirl myself out on my first post, but even any moderately aged, successful business women in the midst of her career can stop herself long enough to cast a glance at some of the male groups in music today, and admit, yes, they look good. Their faces are nice to look at, and who doesn't like tattoos? Don't raise your hand. You're lying to yourself.

But moving on from the fact that most boys in bands are handsome with great hair, their clothes and style tell a tale that's entirely it's own. From the Backstreet Boys in their iconic all white outfits unmistakeably from the 90's, to One Direction redefining black leather boy band cool, there's no doubting they're making a statement.

As an fan of menswear style, I just find guy clothes more appealing sometimes, getting sick of the usual pastel colors or silhouettes. I find my diversity instead of a different style of clothing, a different gender entirely. I've always wanted clothing that makes me stand out from the everyone else, and what better way to get every woman looking at you than wearing the clothing of the boy bands they secretly (or in my case, not so secretly) revere.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images